- What's New
- Guest Info
- Personal Retreats
Sabbatical in Hawai`i
The sabbatical program combines the best of our volunteer program with the benefits of our guest experience! We currently have limited availability in Sabbatical Volunteer Program for October, November, and beyond. For greatest chance of acceptance into the program, we recommend applying about six months prior to the time you wish to join us.
Click here to contact the Volunteer Office if you have any further inquiries about our Sabbatical Program.
Discover Inspiration in Hawai'i with our Award Winning Sabbatical!
- Live ALOHA. Learn about Hawaiian land (agriculture, aquaponics, garden) and culture (Hawaiian language, lauhala weaving, hula, huna, lei making)
- Invigorate your health and well-being with access to over 40 yoga and wellness classes, and the inclusion of one massage/aqua treatment per week. Renew and relax at our 25-meter pool, two spas, sauna, and weight room. Discover nearby beach options and adventures in our island’s state and national parks with four free Kalani adventures.
- Enjoy community life while dining with your international ‘ohana (extended family) of residents and visitors. Socialize with ‘Ohana night activities, volunteer excursions, and special events. Support and enjoy the Kalani sustainable agricultural and botanical splendor.
- This is a hybrid program built upon our guest and volunteer experiences rolled into one fun and relaxing month.
A sabbatical is a great way to take time away from your life back home and immerse yourself in all that Hawai'i and Kalani have to offer. Whether you have a book or project to explore, want to take time to discover who you truly are, or just want to relax and rejuvenate, you'll find a nourishing home at Kalani. You’re likely to develop new friendships while on sabbatical here, with our extraordinary community of volunteers and guests.
All Inclusive Program Benefits
Kalani is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charity. Your stay here supports our educational mission, preservation of ancient Hawaiian cultural sites, and the development of a model sustainable community.
Our tuition fee of $2995 (one person) or $4995 (two people) includes:
- One month vacation at Kalani (A longer stay is availabile.)
- Six hours of bodywork from our wellness center
- Your choice of any of Kalani's 50+ classes and activities each week
- All-inclusive use of the clothing optional pool, hot tubs, and sauna
- Free pool towel exchange
- Connect with the volunteer community and contribute two shifts per week in the housekeeping or horticulture departments
- Relax in a comfortable and simple lodge room with bath accommodations (room upgrade available)
- Take pleasure in all the same benefits as a volunteer
- Feast three times a dayfrom the abundant, healthy and delicious cuisine served on an open-air dining lanai
- Pick up/drop off shuttle service between Kalani and Hilo International Airport
This is a 50% discount on regular guest rates!
The Kalani Sabbatical enables you to enjoy the balance of light work and plenty of play, while allowing you to de-stress and rejuvenate in a peaceful healing environment. Give yourself the time to do something different with your life and soak up paradise at a great rate!