- What's New
- Guest Info
ESL Program in Hawaiʻi
Advance Your English in Hawaii!
Summer ESL Program: August 15th - October 14th
Kalani's summer ESL (English as a Second Language) program is a great way to improve your English language skills, while enjoying the beautiful environment of Hawaii.
Our live/work programs are award-winning. Many people say that this is the best environment they have ever experienced for improving their English language skills. The program has received many recommendations, including from the University of Zurich.
Our program is very affordable – for two months of English immersion, your tuition will be $1995 (for camping) or $2395 (for lodging).
The program is designed for people who have already have studied English, and are looking to improve their language skills. An entrance assessment by one of our friendly ESL instructors will determine your eligibility for this program.
"I have studied English in many places. Kalani's program is where I learned the most, and the fastest - all in a beautiful environment, with amazing people."
- Chie Yamazaki, Japan
All Inclusive Program Benefits
Kalani is an educational nonprofit. Your stay here supports our educational mission, Hawaiian culture, and sustainable community.
Our ESL program tuition fee of $1995 (camping) or $2395 (lodging) includes:
- Two months in the Kalani ESL volunteer program, where you will use English in real situations every day.
- Two ESL immersion classes a week, taught by one of our wonderful professional, certified ESL instructors.
- Four adventures to incredible locations on Hawaiʻi Island, led by one of our ESL instructors: Volcanoes National Park; Hawaiian Culture Sites in Puna; the Kalapana Night Market and Coconut Beach; and Hapuna Beach and the world-famous Kohala coastline.
- Three delicious chef-created meals every day.
- More than 50 Kalani classes and activities scheduled each week (including yoga, art, hula, and Hawaiian culture.)
- Discounted massages and bodywork.
- Relax in the outdoor hot tubs, sauna, and our beautiful pool.
- Work out in the gym.
- Visit town or the local farmers’ markets on the weekly van runs.
- Spend your evenings among friends, celebrating at a variety of special gatherings, listening to talks, dancing at special events, etcetera.
- Weekly volunteer activities, such as movies, costume parties, and bonfires.
- An affordable way to spend an extensive period of time in Hawaii and improve your English at the same time!
The Kalani ESL Program enables you to enjoy a balance of light work and plenty of play, while allowing you to learn and grow in a peaceful, healing environment. Give yourself time to do something different with your life and enjoy time in paradise!