Kalani Ecstatic Dance is a celebration of life and dance in our open-air, oceanfront space.
Join us each week for a community dance experience, Sunday morning "spirit time," and focused, compassionate presenters.
Kalani Ecstatic Dance is for adults age 18 and older. Salads, sandwiches, snacks, ice cream and drinks are available for purchase at Hale Aloha.
Arrival set: 10:30 to 11:00 AM
Opening Circle: 11:00 AM
Closing Circle:12:30 PM
Admission: Suggested donations are $10 kama'āina, $15 regular.
Ecstatic Dance Guidelines:
- Move however you wish.
- No talking in the space.
- Respect yourself and one another.
- Ecstatic Dance is a drug and alcohol-free space.
- Please refrain from photos, video, and shoes and scents.
- Many people dance in their own space, and others share their space with another.
- To engage in a dance with someone, use sensitivity: are they open to sharing space with me? Mirror movements, offer a hand, brush by, make eye contact, and see and feel how they respond.
- If you would rather not dance with someone, or are ending a dance with someone, simply thank them by placing your hands in prayer at your heart in recognition.
Note: For safety and liability reasons, we are not able to accommodate children at Ecstatic Dance. If you do bring a child, that child must be accompanied by an adult at all times outside the dance space.