- What's New
- Guest Info
- Personal Retreats
Hawaiʻi Massage School at Kalani
Course Drop-ins for Therapists
The LomiLomi, Deep Tissue, and Thai massage courses offered during Spring Kalani Bodywork Training Intensive are open as individual drop-in classes for existing therapists looking to expand their tool box or refresh existing skills.
Learn more about the Bodywork Training Intensive course line-up.
Who We Are
The Hawaiʻi Massage School at Kalani is a Hawaiʻi State Massage Board approved program that empowers students to get an affordable, high quality education and qualify to take the Hawaiʻi Massage Licensing exam.
Our students train in a spacious studio tucked into the lush environment of Kalani, Hawaii's largest retreat center. You will receive all of the tools, techniques and knowledge required to begin your career as a massage therapist.
You will receive:
- Individualized attention
- Highly experienced teachers
- Easy access to training resources
- The ability to learn in a safe and supportive environment;
- A broad, engaging curriculum
- Access to pool amenities at Kalani.
Student Clinic Sessions
Interested in receiving treatment from our students? Our massage clinic is open to the public and is a great way to receive affordable massages from students and enjoy their fresh enthusiasm for giving bodywork. To book a session please visit our website to see what appointments are available, then contact us at email@example.com or call 1-808-965-0468 x126 to book your session. Sessions are $25 for 50 minutes.
Hawaii Massage School Curriculum
- Full-time Bodywork Training Intensive | September 12 - November 1, 2016
- A focused 7 week training
- Classes are 5 days a week, 6 hrs per day
- Study includes Anatomy, Kinesiology and Physiology as well as Swedish Massage, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Deep Tissue Massage and Traditional Thai Massage
- Learn More.
- Apprenticeship Program
- At the conclusion of either program, you are eligible to complete the remaining hours required for the Hawaiʻi State Massage Licensing (a total of 570 hours) through participating in Kalani’s Apprenticeship program.
- Consists of bi-weekly massage clinics plus ongoing weekly classes in a variety of modalities.
- Students are eligible after completing either the Bodywork Training Intensive or Bodywork Immersion program
- For those who are already practitioners looking to get Hawaiʻi State Licensure Certification, participation in our Apprenticeship Program is a great option to help you fulfill Hawaii’s requirements for Licensing.
- State of Hawaiʻi: Licensing Area: Massage License Information
- Continuing Education & Courses
For those who are already licensed and looking to broaden your practice we have many valuable educational options available to you.
“ You will receive some of the broadest spectrum of massage at Kalani for working on the massage table, mat and in the water. It's an amazing program.” MA
“ I couldn't imagine a better apprenticeship program. Michael was my advisor 5 years ago. I've been working as a massage therapist ever since.” JT
“ I currently have my Hawaiʻi license thanks to completing the program at Kalani. I would certainly recommend Kalani as a place to train and as a means to acquiring the Hawaiʻi license. Michael has been very helpful in my personal case and I've only heard good things from other students and co-workers.” NC
“Kalani's a great place to study and learn massage. Great environment and very supportive.” DA
“The experience you get at a setting like Kalani is quite special. I certainly don't know of any program where you can sneak in a swim in the ocean or the pool during lunch breaks or have quality food available onsite.” MO
Reach out to us for more information about our school, it’s offerings and registration. We look forward to speaking with you.
Hawaiʻi Massage School
12-6860 Kalapana-Kapoho Beach Road
Pahoa, HI 96778
1-808-965-0468 Ext. 126
Apply for the Hawaii Massage School full-time certification program today!
Online Application Form