- What's New
- Guest Info
Hawaii TranceDance Experience Facilitator Training Retreat
The TranceDance Ritual - Facilitator Training Program is a 10 day training retreat designed to explore the multi-dimensional aspects of trance states; to study the mystical, scientific and psychological significance of trance as a healing tool, and to learn the mechanics of conducting a TranceDance Ritual Program.
Trance Dance Ritual - Facilitator Training Program is open to both professionals and semi-professional individuals who seek to:
- Enhance their spiritual development through the ritual use of Trance Dance, Soul Hunting and other 'body-centered' shamanic healing techniques.
- Explore the transformational effects of music, sound and percussive rhythms on the body and the brain.
- Study the history of ritual dance and it's relationship to mental, physical and emotional healing.
- Learn safety techniques for working with people in altered states of consciousness.
- Apply contemporary TranceDance techniques within an already existing health program (psychotherapy, body work, etc) or as an independent discipline.
- Learn the mechanics of organizing and conducting a Trance Dance Ritual Program.
The Trance Dance Ritual - Facilitator Training Program is taught in an 'experiential' format. Participants will explore the following subjects:
- TranceDance: Entering Your Body/Mind Consciousness
- Rites of Passage: The 12 Mystical Stages Of Our Spiritual & Physical Evolution
- Soul Hunting: Finding The Lost Pieces Of Self
- The ethics governing working with people in altered states of mind.
- The exploration of spiritual evolution as a parallel tool to spiritual healing.
- The distinct similarities & significant differences between the mind &the brain.
- The History of Shamanism & TranceDance Rituals.
- Contemporary Shamanism & Trance Dance Rituals.
- Possession Trance vs. Shamanic Trance.
- The technical use of organic & contemporary music to inducing trance states.
- Breathing techniques to induce altered states.
- How to induce waking dreams.
- Sensory Deprivation and the Holographic Mind.
- The "Faces Of Time" Trance Journey.
- How to responsibly conduct a TranceDance Ritual Program.
Training students will experience a Community TranceDance Ritual, held the last evening of the training week. This ritual provides training students with the opportunity to observe the dynamics of an actual contemporary ritual healing experience. These rituals are open to the local public and frequently include 40-50 participants. This will give all trainee's an opportunity to make contact with various members of our shamanic community who have been using Trance Dance as a spiritual tool for an extended period.
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a 'Certificate Of Completion' verifying participation in the TranceDance Facilitator Training Program.
What to bring
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing suitable for movement.
- Bring a cloth bandana or blindfold.
- Bring a spiral notebook with pen/pencil.
- Bring one (1) complete white outfit. These clothes should also be loose & comfortable.
- Bring any Power Objects of articles which have spiritual significance to you.
About the Facilitator(s)
Wilbert AlixWilbert has earned international recognition as a contemporary healer and teacher of progressive psychology and neo-shamanic studies. A prominent figure in the emerging science of body-centered psychology his presentations are accentuated with intellectual depth and a unique insight into the relationships between traditional shamanic healing, western science and eastern mysticism.
Wilbert Alix has pioneered the professional application of Trance Dance and other shamanic techniques as legitimate healing and therapeutic tools. He conducts workshops and trains professionals throughout the USA, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Australia and South America. He frequently appears at professional conferences and expos, as well as teaching educational 'mind/body science' programs to individuals and corporations.
|Fees per person:||Double Occupancy||Single Occupancy|
|9 - Ocean Cottage||n/a||n/a|
|8 - Ocean Loft||n/a||n/a|
|7 - Tropical Cottage||n/a||n/a|
|6 - Tropical Loft||n/a||n/a|
|5 - Tree House Room||n/a||n/a|
|4 - Bungalow Room||n/a||n/a|
|3 - Lodge Room (private bath)||n/a||n/a|
|2 - Lodge Room (shared bath)||$ 2000||n/a|
|1 - Campsite||n/a||n/a|
Prices subject to change without notice.