- What's New
- Guest Info
- Personal Retreats
Summer Programs for Teachers in Hawai`i
A unique summer experience for teachers - on the tropical island of Hawai'i!
Teachers love Kalani's summer programs! Our summer sabbatical and volunteer programs are both great ways to take time away from your life back home, while immersing yourself in all that Hawai'i and Kalani have to offer.
This information is about our summer sabbatical. For information about our volunteer program, click here.
Whether you have a book or project to explore, want to take time to discover who you truly are, or just want to relax and rejuvenate, you'll find a nourishing home at Kalani. You’re likely to develop new friendships while on sabbatical here, with our international community of teachers and other extraordinary volunteers and guests.
- Live ALOHA. Learn about our Hawaiian land (agriculture, aquaponics, garden) and culture (Hawaiian language, lauhala weaving, hula, huna, lei making)
- Invigorate your health and well-being with access to over 40 yoga and wellness classes, and the inclusion of one massage/aqua treatment per week. Renew and relax at our 25-meter pool, two spas, sauna, and weight room. Discover nearby beach options and adventures in our island’s state and national parks.
- Enjoy a vibrant community life while dining with your international ‘ohana (extended family) of residents and visitors. Socialize with ‘Ohana night activities, volunteer excursions, and special events. Support and enjoy the Kalani sustainable agricultural and botanical splendor.
All Inclusive Program Benefits
Kalani is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charity. Your stay here supports our educational mission in the poorest district within our state; preservation of ancient Hawaiian cultural sites; and the development of a model sustainable community.
Our tuition fee of $2995 (one person) or $4995 (two people) includes:
- One month vacation at Kalani (subject to availability - a longer sabbatical stay may also be possible)
- Weekly life coaching sessions for the duration of your stay.
- One massage per week (four massages total) from our wellness center
- Your choice of any of the 40 classes and activities each week
- 2 adventures/excursions offered by Kalani
- All-inclusive use of the pool, hot tubs, and sauna
- Join with other volunteers two shifts per week in the housekeeping or horticulture departments
- Relax in a simple and comfortable lodge room with private bath accommodations (room upgrade available)
- Take pleasure in all the same benefits as a volunteer
- Feast three times a day from the abundant, healthy and delicious cuisine served on an open-air dining lanai
- Pick up/drop off shuttle service between Kalani and Hilo International Airport
This is a 70% discount on regular guest rates!
The Kalani Sabbatical for Teachers enables you to enjoy the balance of light work and plenty of play, while allowing you to de-stress and rejuvenate in a peaceful healing environment. Give yourself the time to do something different with your life and soak up paradise at a great rate!