EMDR as a Transpersonal Therapy: A Cross Cultural Perspective Where East Meets West
Irene Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW / Co-Sponsored by the Green Will Conservancy
30 EMDRIA Credits and 30 CEs provided by ce-classes.com
OPEN TO ALL MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
We will blend Western psychology with knowledge of the Eastern and Wisdom traditions, particularly shamanism and Hawaiian tradition, into the clinical setting using the EMDR protocol for the healing of trauma. The program will be informative as well as deeply transformational as we blend a didactic transpersonal clinical approach with spiritual awakening through meditation and ceremony.
Therapists will develop skills of mindful awareness as they learn to identify their own internal feedback mechanisms within which they can recognize resonance within a shared intersubjective field by utilizing alternative ways of intuitive knowing to determine resonance and intervention from an expanded and a grounded egoic perspective, participating in an interconnected flowing dance of information and energy exchange.
You will learn to:
- Identify the relationship between science, psychology, and spiritual philosophy as it applies to resonance and mindful awareness, supporting application to EMDR as a transpersonal therapy.
- Develop skills of meditation and mindful awareness that may be applied within the EMDR protocol.
- Identify skills of alternative ways of knowing such as inner vision, hearing, knowing, kinesthetic bodily sensations, which can be integrated into a nonlinear EMDR transpersonal therapy.
- Identify skills of internal intuitive tracking to determine client/therapist resonance as an assessment and healing tool within a transpersonal EMDR protocol.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply the skills of mindful awareness, resonance, and internal feedback mechanisms for purposes of assessment and intervention within a transpersonal therapy model.
- Identify the role of the transpersonal therapist healer in modern day psychotherapy, blending western psychology with knowledge of eastern and ancient wisdom cultural traditions within the EMDR protocol.
- Identify 3 culturally relevant points in the adaptation of a transpersonal EMDR approach creating a universal language within the standard protocol.
For a full workshop description, please visit www.DrIreneSiegel.com/hawaii.htm
Kalani is 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your stay here supports our mission to provide transformational experiences via nature, culture, and wellness.
Kalani retreat rates are all-inclusive and provide access to meals, accommodations, and use of Kalani's amenities including our clothing-optional 25-meter pool, hot tubs, and sauna. Kalani cannot pro-rate fees for late arrivals or early departures. Registration for the full retreat experience is required.
The listed prices do not include retreat tuition. This is a 2 step registration process. Please register with Irene for the retreat prior to booking your accommodations at Kalani.
|Fees Per Person|
| Treehouse Room||$||$||$|
| Bungalow Room||$||$||$|
| Lodge Room (Private Bath)||$||$||$|
| Lodge Room (Shared Bath)||$||$||$|
| Kama'aina Commuter**||$210|
*Offsite Commuter:Does not include accommodations.
**Kama'aina Commuter: Does not include accommodations. A valid Hawaii state-issued ID or driver's license must be presented at check-in to receive the kama'aina rate.
Extend Your Stay at All-Inclusive Retreat Rates!
Book your early arrival or extended stay at all-inclusive retreat rates. Contact a registrar for rate information and availability.
Kalani offers shuttle service from Hilo International Airport (ITO), which can be arranged via Kalani Guest Services, [email protected] or 808.965.0468. Please send flight details, including airline carrier and flight number with your shuttle request. We also pick up from the downtown Hilo bus station and hotels. Shuttle service is subject to availability; one-way pricing is $50 per person for shared rides and $75 per person for single bookings. If you require airport shuttle service, please contact us to make your reservation a minimum of one week in advance.
Taxi service is available from ITO or Hilo Downtown for a one-way fare of approximately $125.
Cancellations up to 7 days in advance of arrival incur a $75 administrative fee. Cancellations within 7 days of arrival incur forfeiture of fees paid up to $250. No refund will be provided for no-shows or cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled arrival, 4:00 pm on check-in date. No refund will be provided for early departures from retreat programs. Participation in any parts of programs at Kalani Honua is completely voluntary.
Kalani Honua reserves the right to dismiss a participant at any time before, during or after a program if one:
- Becomes dangerous or harmful to self, others, or property
- Behaves disruptively or inappropriately
- Is not able, for whatever reason, to be present for learning
- Breaks the law
- Refuses to cooperate with program leaders or Kalani Honua management
- Does not pay accordingly for program or services provided
Irene Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW
Irene Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW conducts her integrative EMDR psychotherapy practice and teaches meditation in Huntington at Center Point, and integrated health and counseling center. She received her doctorate in Transpersonal Psychology in 2011 from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, and her masters in Social Work in 1977 from Columbia University. As a Certified EMDR Therapist and Approved Consultant, Credit Provider, and previous EMDRIA Conference speaker she introduces the innovative concept of integrating mindful awareness and resonance into the EMDR protocol. She studied ancient healing traditions throughout North and South America, and teaches integration of Western psychotherapy and science with ancient healing arts. She is author of Eyes of the Jaguar and creator of the Labyrinth Series Guided Meditations. Her new upcoming book will be released through W.W. Norton & Co. in 2017. Website:http://drirenesiegel.com/