Rooted in Tibetan Medicine, Lu Jong is a practice from the Buddhist Tantrayana tradition developed for self-healing and spiritual development. This series of 21 flowing movements systematically releases blockages physically, energetically and emotionally. Participants will be trained to teach all five groups of movements which nurture the spine, increase joint mobility, boost organ function, harmonize the flow of energy, and calm the mind. Lu Jong is practical, accessible and effective.
Do you have a desire to empower others to become more balanced, healthy & calm? By attending this Tibetan Yoga Teacher Training, you will be able to share a unique, effective practice with a deep lineage behind it.
There is an increasing demand for Lu Jong teachers as people learn more about it in North America. It is our goal to share this precious practice with many people, so if you are a compassionate person that truly wants to benefit others, we hope that you will be a part of this lineage!
What is Lu Jong?
Rooted in principles of Tibetan Medicine, Lu Jong is an ancient practice from the Tantrayana Buddhist tradition developed for self-healing. This series of movements combined with rhythmic breathing systematically targets points on the body channels, massaging them open to re-establish the smooth flow of blood, oxygen and energy.
In Tibetan, Lu means body and Jong means transformation or refinement. This particular practice is in the lineage of Tulku Lobsang, founder, and director of the Nangten Menlang International Buddhist Medical organization. From the hundreds of yogic movements in the Buddhist tradition, Tulku Lobsang collated these movements into a clear system and modified them to make them highly effective for our modern needs.
Lu Jong is very accessible, enabling people of all ages and abilities to incorporate a healing practice into their daily lives. While it is a practical method to boost health and happiness, Lu Jong has profound spiritual benefits as well.
How does Lu Jong work?
Lu Jong focuses a great deal on the spine, which is the battery of our body and a place we very commonly become blocked. By gently creating space and mobility in the spine, we more efficiently spread energy and nutrients throughout the body, boosting organ systems and toning the nervous system.
Lu Jong Level 1 is composed of five groups of movements:
- Five Movements for balancing the five elements of body and mind
- Five Movements for improving the musculoskeletal system
- Five Movements for the functioning of the vital organs
- Six Movements for addressing common ailments
- Two Movements for sleep and wakefulness
Each movement gently massages particular points on the body channels, training them to more open. By opening the body in the right ways, we cultivate not only physical vibrancy and mental functionality, but also the qualities revered on the spiritual path.
Lu Jong is a meditation in movement and cultivates calm and focus in the mind. Deeper breathing, improved body awareness, more balanced emotions and peaceful states are quickly achieved.
What does the Training Include?
At the conclusion of this Teacher Training:
- You will be able to confidently and effectively teach Lu Jong Tibetan Yoga.
- You will be intimately familiar with all movements of the Lu Jong Level 1 practice.
- You will be able to make modifications based on individual students’ needs.
- You will be able to explain the benefits of Lu Jong from the view of Tibetan Medicine and Tantrayana Buddhism and offer additional breathwork and meditation practices to your students.
- You will know Tulku Lobsang, the pioneer of this ancient practice in the West.
- You will become part of the Nangten Menlang International community.
And, most importantly, you will be able to go into your own community and offer something that will bring great benefit!
Our Curriculum includes Theoretical Sessions exploring:
- The Bön and Buddhist Historical Roots of Lu Jong
- The Lineage of Tulku Lobsang Rinpoche
- The Physical, Energetic and Mental Benefits of Lu Jong
- Principles of Tibetan Buddhism
- Understanding the Path of Tantrayana
- The Importance of the Subtle Body
- Principles of Tibetan Medicine
- The Theory of the Elements and Humors
- Pedagogic Tools
- Marketing Advice and Tools for Organizing and Promoting Your Teachings
And Practical Sessions exploring:
- The Lu Jong Movements and Modifications in Depth
- Additional Breathwork Practices
- Accessible and Enjoyable Meditation Techniques
- Kum Nye Five Elements Massage
Additionally, the format of this training is designed to promote connection and support among the participants, so that we may build a strong network of Lu Jong teachers in North America.
There will be two rest days during the training to allow time to relax, absorb knowledge, and explore the beautiful surroundings.
Who is this Training for?
Do you want to be part of a true, deeply rooted lineage?
Do you want to teach to people of all sizes, all ages, all abilities and all belief systems?
Do you want to give your students a clear system they can use to experience immediate health and happiness?
Do you want to offer a method that not only heals the body, but is the beginning of a deep spiritual path?
There is more and more interest in Lu Jong and we need loving, compassionate individuals to help share it. If you are drawn to teach healing practices, feel comfortable demonstrating simple movements, are articulate and have a thirst for learning and self-development, then this program is right for you and I am sure you will find it to be worth the commitment.
Join us and share an ancient practice, perfect for modern times!
For Retreat Information:
Email: [email protected]
Online Registration Form
Email: [email protected]
Kalani is 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your stay here supports our mission to provide transformational experiences via nature, culture, and wellness. Kalani retreat rates are all-inclusive and provide access to meals, accommodations, and use of Kalani's amenities including our clothing-optional 25-meter pool and hot tubs. Kalani cannot prorate fees for late arrivals or early departures. Registration for the full retreat experience is required.
|Fees Per Person
|Lodge Room (Private Bath)
|Lodge Room (Shared Bath)
*Offsite Commuter: Does not include accommodations.
**Kama'aina Commuter: Does not include accommodations. A valid Hawaii state-issued ID or driver's license must be presented at check-in to receive the kama'aina rate.
Extend Your Stay at All-Inclusive Retreat Rates!
Book your early arrival or extended stay at all-inclusive retreat rates. Contact a registrar for rate information and availability.
Kalani offers shuttle service from Hilo International Airport (ITO), which can be arranged via Kalani Guest Services, [email protected] or 808.965.0468. Please send flight details, including airline carrier and flight number with your shuttle request. We also pick up from the downtown Hilo bus station and hotels. Shuttle service is subject to availability; one-way pricing is $50 per person for shared rides and $75 per person for single bookings. If you require airport shuttle service, please contact us to make your reservation a minimum of one week in advance. Taxi service is available from ITO or Hilo Downtown for a one-way fare of approximately $125.
Policies for Early Arrival and Extended Stay
Kalani Honua’s Cancellation Policy: Cancellations up to 7 days in advance of arrival incur a $75 administrative fee. Cancellations within 7 days of arrival incur forfeiture of fees paid up to $250. No refund will be provided for no-shows or cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled arrival, 4:00 pm on check-in date. No refund will be provided for early departures from retreat programs. Participation in any parts of programs at Kalani Honua is completely voluntary. Kalani Honua reserves the right to dismiss a participant at any time before, during or after a program if one:
- Becomes dangerous or harmful to self, others, or property
- Behaves disruptively or inappropriately
- Is not able, for whatever reason, to be present for learning
- Breaks the law
- Refuses to cooperate with program leaders or Kalani Honua management
- Does not pay accordingly for program or services provided