- What's New
- Guest Info
- Personal Retreats
Beauty That Transforms: A Transformational Yoga, Dance, And Flow Arts Retreat
AWAKEN & CELEBRATE YOUR INNER FIRE on a 7- day sacred journey of self-expansion, empowerment, and exploration through yoga, dance, and the art of flow in the heart of Pele’s womb, where her beauty transforms and her pulse ignites within the most active volcano on Earth.
This is the first transformational, flow arts program* of its kind and we are thrilled to offer it a 2nd time! Immerse yourself in a unique curriculum weaving the science and soul of yoga, dance, and the flow arts into a revolutionary path for somatic healing, transformation, and discovery. Harmonize your mind, body, and soul with revolutionary, neurological re-patterning and restoring practices that have transformed countless lives toward expanded new ways of moving, thinking, and being. Whether you’re new to poi or the hula-hoop or have practiced for years, this retreat is designed for you to experience these modalities as transformational tools and ideal for anyone interested in incorporating the flow arts into their personal or professional practice. Join Dr. Jinju Dasalla and Soul Flow Luminaries as they share the art and science that grounds the therapeutic benefits of these playful practices.
In essence, this retreat is a spiritual and somatic wisdom course bridging the scientific “how” with the human “why”, a blend of theory and movement, dialing into the most essential elements of the human healing experience.
Whether you are ready to break free from limiting beliefs, seeking clarity, going through a major life transition, or feeling inspired to learn a new dance in sweet community, this intimate - yet playful! - journey is a portal to let your soul flow! Come celebrate the fire within as you discover new realms of creative expression and beauty that transforms.
In addition, you’ll earn credit hours and a certificate of completion that can be applied to the Soul Flow Arts Institute (SFAI) Training and Certification Program.
*The Soul Flow Arts Training and Certification Program is being offered through the Soul Flow Arts Institute (SFAI) and will launch in 2017. This Beauty that Transforms retreat serves as a Foundations course for the training. Thus, all participants will have the opportunity to receive a certificate of completion upon graduation of this 7-day intensive course with the option to continue in the training program.
Retreat Goals & Highlights
- To explore and grow inside of an evidence- and experience- based curriculum weaving the neuroscience of transformation, flow psychology, yoga, somatics, dance, and play!
- Begin to master the fundamentals of dancing with poi and the hula hoop.
- Release tensions, trauma, and old holding patterns in the body leaving you feeling lighter, stronger, and healthier through this unique somatic movement practice.
- Get a taste of the art and practice of ontological soul coaching for ourselves and others.
- Benefit from an expanded transformational and healing "toolbox" full of practices and exercises that will support you in cultivating balance, grace and flow.
- Re-harmonize the masculine with the feminine, mind with body, right with left, science with soul, and knowledge with wisdom.
- Enjoy a deeper knowing of your innate and vast beauty, brilliance, and wisdom.
- Learn strategies to develop your intuition, self-trust, and clarity on your life path.
- Engage action-based breakthroughs toward living a life filled with purpose, passion & possibility.
- Be fully supported in awakening your inner fire and living your biggest dreams while having a blast!
- Tantra and the Art of Honoring the Sacred Feminine with Tracy Knowles.
- Transforming Fear into Fuel: A Special Presentation by Nova Dasalla.
- Pilgrimage to Pele Volcano Visit (conditions permitting).\
- FIRE Dance Ceremony and Celebration (Fire is optional and contingent upon weather).
- EXPRESSION Night & Special Closing Circle.
This retreat has limited number of spots, so be sure to register early! All participants must be ages 18 and up and complete a questionnaire/application to ensure the group is a good match. While this program may be healing and therapeutic in nature, it should not be mistaken for therapy.
- 7 nights’ accommodation at Kalani Retreat Center
- 3 catered meals a day
- Daily Guided Yoga or Dance Practice
- Community Dance Flow Jams
- 24 hr access to our very own, very large, open-air studio with hardwood floors available ONLY to us for the entire week. 24 hr access to clothing optional pool and jacuzzis (feel free to wear a bathing suit and if you do decide to be clothing free, please know it is a very One Free Day for Excursions or Personal Time
- Optional Private Personal Coaching Sessions (with Jinju)
- Optional Private Healing Massage Sessions (with Tracy)
- Optional Private Poi or Hoop sessions with Tracy or Jinju
- Lava Hike/Pilgrimage to Pele! (Conditions Permitting)
Please keep in mind that while our daily schedule is packed and FULL on, all classes, workshops and activities are OPTIONAL. This is your journey, your time, your retreat. Please feel free to bow out of any sessions to go soak in the pool or enjoy a massage. This schedule is subject to shift and flow based on the needs of the group.
- 6:30 - 7:30 am YOGA
- 7:30 - 8:30 am BREAKFAST
- 9:00 - 10:30 pm Morning WORKSHOP (Daily Opening Circle, Lecture, Discussion, Intention, Journaling, etc.,...)
- 10:30 - 12:00 pm FLOW Module (Movement with Poi or Hoop)
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm LUNCH
- 1:00 - 4:00 pm Personal Time (great time for pool, privates, beach, etc.,...)
- 4:00 - 6:00 pm FLOW Module (Movement with Poi or Hoop)
- 6:00 - 7:30 pm DINNER
- 8:00 - 10:00 pm Evening Activities (special sessions, workshops, free flow and dance, or free time...)
A couple of videos for inspiration:
About the Facilitator(s)
Jinju Dasalla, PhD, RYT, embraces the power of dance, flow arts, and yoga as portals for somatic healing and personal transformation. As a professional life coach, performer, facilitator, and instructor with a doctorate in neuroscience, Jinju offers truly unique perspectives, pioneering new paradigms for personal growth and transformational learning that harmonize science, art, and soul.
Jinju co-founded Soul Flow Arts Institute (SFAI) with her husband, Nova Dasalla, as a platform for training and educating health professionals, individuals, and organizations on the neurological and psycho-spiritual benefits of embodied play. As the visionary leader of transformational Soul Flow Retreats, trainings, and author of upcoming book, Beauty that Transforms, her vision is of a world that remembers how simple and sweet healing can be. She holds emotional attunement as the foundation of all flow practices and believes, to love is to flow. Her classes, workshops and coaching journeys consistently call forth elements of play, possibility, and purpose to ultimately awaken one's inner fire and innate wisdom.
Web Address: www.SoulFlowArts.com
An illustrious & gentle force, Tracy is a creator of magical & healing experiences. She is a massage artist, body worker, dancer, yogi, hula hooper, lover of movement arts, writer, emotion evoker and inspirer. She radiates and mirrors pure joy, light & love to all beings. Tracy has recently stepped into the role of yogi facilitator with great enthusiasm! She believes that her role in sharing any healing is that those who need and will be most impacted through her as a healing conduit will appear in synchronicity. She draws upon a wealth of information from both personal life and professional experience in the healing arts realm. She continues to serve in her private massage practice, Synchronicity Massage, and her blog Talk Story.
Web address: www.SyncMassage.com
Una Viggiani is an artist, yogini, world traveler, and inspired instigator. She earned a degree in Fine Art from the University of Colorado at Boulder, and her Master's degree in Education at the University of Denver, but ultimately learned the most traveling the world on a solo journey that lasted two years and took her to 22 countries. She discovered yoga as a way to balance the demands of teaching, but it soon became much more than that. Yoga became a way of life for Una and making the shift from art teacher to yoga teacher came naturally. Now, she combines her love of art, yoga and travel by teaching workshops and organizing her new company, Bella Retreats, allowing the physical, creative and spiritual realms to merge into one.
Web address: http://unaparadox.com/
Nova, co-founder of Soul Flow Arts, is North America's #1 ranked acrobatic paragliding pilot who is also known for being the first American to pull off a trick called the Infinite Tumble. He is probably even more known for his film, Infinite Stumbling, that tells the story of his life-altering accident in 2009 when one of his routine maneuvers went dramatically wrong, smashing him into a mountain. Not only did he manage to learn how to walk again but he also was given the gift of embracing life, love, and gratitude on a profound level. This short film has been shown in multiple film festivals around the world and Nova has been featured in national magazines including Origin, Cross Country, and the television series, Xterra Adventures. Nova still flies and is an extraordinary, living example of what it takes to face fears, engage flow, and always aspire beyond the norm.
For More Information:
Kalani is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. Your stay here supports education, community arts programming, and Hawaiian culture preservation within the District of Puna. Kalani has grown to become the largest provider of services in Puna – thanks to the support from guests like you!
Kalani retreat rates are all-inclusive and provide access to all instruction and course activities, meals, accommodations, and use of Kalani's facilities including our 25-meter pool, hot tubs and sauna.
Non-refundable deposit = $400 to hold your spot
Early Bird Specials!
- Special Pricing = Pay in Full by 9/22/16 and receive $300 off!!!
- Early Bird Pricing = Pay Deposit by 12/22/16 and receive $200 off
- Last Minute Special = Pay deposit by 1/22/16 and receive $100 off
|Fees per person:||Double Occupancy||Single Occupancy|
|6 - Cottage||n/a||n/a|
|5 - Tropical Loft||n/a||n/a|
|4 - Tree House Room||n/a||n/a|
|3 - Bungalow Room||$ 2250||n/a|
|2 - Lodge Room (private bath)||$ 2175||n/a|
|1 - Lodge Room (shared bath)||$ 2000||$ 2250|
Triple Occupancy Available:
Lodge Room (private bath): $2050
Lodge Room (shared bath): $1950
Additional lodging options may be available; please inquire upon registration if your preferred lodging type is not listed above.
Kamaʻāina Commuter: $1094
Kamaʻāina rates are all-inclusive and provide access to Kalani campus for all instruction and course activities, three meals per day, and use of Kalani's facilities including our 25-meter pool, hot tubs and sauna. A valid Hawaii state-issued ID or driver's license must be presented at check-in to receive the kama'aina rate.
Commuter (for those who opt to lodge off Kalani campus): $1825
Commuter rates are all-inclusive and provide access to Kalani campus for all instruction and course activities, three meals per day, and use of Kalani's facilities including our 25-meter pool, hot tubs and sauna.
Kalani Volunteer: $1,300
Extend Your Stay at a Discount!
Additional nights can be added on to the beginning or end of this package at special discounted rates for retreat attendees. There is so much to explore on this incredible island - from the volcano and the astronomy centers on Mauna Kea to the tide pools, beaches, and hikes along the coast. Kalani is always brimming with activity, with 50 classes a week, as well as special events.
If you require airport shuttle service, please contact Kalani Guest Services at 800-800-6886 or [email protected], at least one week in advance.
Because of the structure of our retreat packages, we are unable to pro-rate retreat fees for shortened stays.