- What's New
- Guest Info
- Personal Retreats
Volunteer in Hawaii | Volunteer Opportunities
Update:We currently have limited availability for Camping and Lodging for the months of March and April. We are accepting applications for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2016. For the greatest chance of acceptance into our programs, we recommend applying six to nine months prior to the time you wish to join us. Those with the most flexibility (timing, department, camping/lodging) may receive priority placement."Kalani is one of the most potent and nurturing retreat centers in the world." - Shiva Rea
Welcome to Kalani - Big Island, Hawai‘i
Kalani is a volunteer-run, non-profit educational village and retreat center that celebrates nature, Hawaiian culture, and wellness. Kalani is the #1 repeat destination for volunteers on the Big Island. Here's what our volunteers are saying about Kalani:
- "I learned how to have fun again."
- "This is nurturing for body and soul."
- "Everyone has been so friendly and open. I can't wait to come back."
- "Kalani is the place I decided I was ready to live".
- "I am returning to New York a changed person."
Here are some features of the Kalani community experience:
- Community dining experience with world-famous fresh, organic, local food
- Volunteer activities including bonfires, open mic night, and staff trips
- A retreat center environment that supports spiritual and personal exploration
- Opportunities to learn about Hawaiian culture, Hula, Watsu, and various Healing Modalities.
- Nature excursions like snorkeling with Hawaiian fish, sea turtles and dolphins
- Culturally and diverse, open-minded community; tolerance for all different lifestyles and belief systems
- Chance to cultivate lifelong frienships and relationships
Kalani's volunteer program offers the opportunity to experience life within a community, enjoy a variety of activities and experiences, and learn and grow while serving our guests and visitors.
Contact the Volunteer Office for additional information or if you have any questions
We would love to hear from you!
Phone: 808-965-0468 ext. 117
Online: Contact form